Sarah is a certified Reflexologist, having taken Holistic Foot Reflexology Ottawa training at the School of Complementary Therapies, and has 1st Degree Reiki training. She grew up in a holistic household with her mother, SCT Founder Jacqueline Fairbrass, and has an extensive knowledge of nutrition and working with herbs for health and well-being.
Having grown up in a Holistic home, Sarah is well-versed with wellness and complementary alternate medicine. She takes her role at SCT seriously and continues to study and learn holistic health and wellness. Her current passion is nutrition. With a growing family home in the country she is devoting more time to learning how to grow fruits and vegetables to improve the family’s health and well-being.
She continues to live a healthy holistic lifestyle with her husband, their beautiful baby daughters and their pets.
Sarah has a Bachelor of Commerce degree and runs her own part-time Bookkeeping Business, specializing in small and medium business bookkeeping and accounting.
Favorite Advice from Sarah:
- Remember to keep your blood sugar levels stable by eating three nutritious meals and a couple of healthy snacks daily rather than three large meals, or the ever popular “skip a meal because you don’t want the calories.” That will bite you back!
- Eating food high in magnesium is proven to help relax muscles and is good for your brain too. Magnesium is found in most foods, especially dairy products, fish, meat and seafood. Also include in your diet apples, bananas, brown rice and tofu.
- And magnesium is found in chocolate! Mwah!!!
- Do your best to include some omega-3 fatty acid rich foods in your diet. These help you keep your cool and include flaxseeds and walnuts, salmon and deep sea fish.
Snuff out that ciggie
- Do not smoke – all the carcinogeous stuff in ciggies increases anxiety…it’s the deep breathing that relaxes you. Just pretend you have a cigarette in your hand, and breathe!
And don’t forget to take courses at the School of Complementary Therapies