I am going camping and find the bugs this time of year are terrible. Is there anyway that I can make an all natural bug spray using essential oils?
You can make your own all natural bug spray.
- 1/2 tsp of alcohol (suggest vodka)
- 1 tsp of witch hazel
- 125 ml of distilled water
- 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Sage essential oil
- 15 drops Citronella essential oil
- 6 drops Basil essential oil
- 14 drops Catnip essential oil
Add all ingredients to a dark glass spray bottle.
If this is out of your budget you can try:
- 30 ml of distilled water
- 12 drops of Citronella essential oil
- 1/2 tsp of alcohol
- Add to a spray bottle.
This will work for 20 minutes to an hour.
My special tip add a few drops of Citronella essential oil to your hair brush and brush your hair immediately.
This will keep the bugs away, happy camping!
Emma Fairbrass, Certified Aromatherapist