Although a frequently asked question (FAQ) this warrants it’s own page:
What can I do with Aromatherapy Training? Or What can I expect to do as an Aromatherapy Career? Or, how do I make money?
There are several directions people go in, depending on personal preferences. If you are considering an Aromatherapy Career, you’ll want to check this list:
- making and marketing your own products lines, as in bath salts, soaps, lotions, oils etc.
- being an Aromatherapy Massage Practitioner either in a spa setting or clinic setting
- becoming an Aromatherapy Massage Practitioner with a private practice, including aromatherapy healing sessions and consulting
- spatial aromatherapy consulting for offices, hospices, etc.
- aromatherapy consulting for companies, particularly the cleaning industry right now
- becoming involved in the essential oil production and marketing business
- adding aromatherapy to an existing holistic health or therapeutic practice, including Reflexology and Massage Therapy
- specializing by finding a niche market
- continuing study to be an aromatherapy teacher
- opening an aromatherapy store
- working in aromatherapy stores
- being employed in as a specialist in health food stores
- any combination of all or some of the above!
To sum up:
Aromatherapy practitioners can find employment in many places. This includes some nursing hospices and homes. As the use of aromatherapy becomes more wide spread, aromatherapists are in demand in beauty clinics and spas, health clinics and many other places.
In addition, as consumers seek more and more uses of complementary and alternative medicine, the need for aromatherapy practitioners will continue to increase.
Whether Aromatherapy and an Aromatherapy Career is practiced on its own or in harmony with other methods and therapies: Aromatherapy is a fabulous natural healing method that promotes wellness.
Aromatherapy Career Goals:
- Aromatherapist, Aromatherapy Consultant, or Aromatologist
- Health Care Industry Assistant
- Day Spa, Holistic Retreat, Spa facility
- Aromatherapy Product Manufacturer
- Retailer of Aromatherapy products
- Aromatherapy Educator, Author, Speaker
We also have students who study just for the joy of learning about the wonderful effects of aromatics in their own personal lives.
According to Job Monkey (2019), aromatherapists earn from $25,000 to $45,000 annually, with a typical average of $30,000US. Annual salaries will vary depending on the aromatherapist’s practice i.e. Aromatherapy Career Choice!
Aromatherapy is used by many alternative medicine professionals as an addition to their natural healing methods, including massage therapy, acupuncture, and Reflexology. This certainly increases annual earning potential.