Reflexology Registration Council Ontario
The School of Complementary Therapies recommends that all Certified and practicing Reflexologists in Canada:
Join the RRCO and become a Registered Reflexology Practitioner (R.R.Pr.): the only federally recognized Reflexology designation in Canada. Benefits include recognition by insurance companies and group insurance rate coverage for your Reflexology business.
SCT is one of the original founding members of the Reflexology Registration Council Ontario (RRCO). At that time (1996) we were the Fairbrass School of Complementary Therapies.
We maintain a registration so our students are automatically recognized for membership and designation. Currently SCT Founder, Jacqueline Fairbrass is an adviser to the Council and sits on the Social Media Committee.
- Register Reflexology practitioners, teachers, educational organizations and methodologies that meet established minimum standards
- Maintain the highest ethical standard of the profession and to the public.
- Establish Reflexology as a self-governing profession
- Act as the unified voice for Reflexology in the Province of Ontario
By joining the RRCO you:
- May use the legal designation RRPr (Registered Reflexology Practitioner). This is only available and applicable to RRCO members. The RRPr designation is Federally Recognized and is a certification mark protected under trademark laws
- Are entitled to discounted Professional and General Liability Insurance through our negotiated group rate. In addition you can have coverage for numerous holistic modalities without having to pay extra for each modality you practise.
- Have representation and participation in the RRCO lobbying at various levels of government. RRCO represents you on issues that concern holistic practitioners in general and Registered Reflexologists in particular. For example, recent requirements for mandatory licensing of practitioners in most municipalities throughout the south-western areas of the province.
- Have an opportunity to have a say in and influence the direction of your profession.
- You belong to a profession that is recognized as professional and respected. The RRCO has established minimum education standards, advertising guidelines, code of ethics, and insurance company recognition, among other policies and procedures.
- Are kept up to date with changes and developments in our industry with respect to licensing of practitioners in most municipalities through the RRCO’s newsletters
- Have the privilege to be a part of the RRCO Council by election
- May become involved in working on a Committee
- Can network easily with other Reflexologists
- Can have a voluntary listing on our website under Find the Reflexologist, free of charge!
- Use the RRCO logo on your brochures, websites and other marketing materials
- Can attend the AGM (annual general meeting) and access FREE workshops
- May submit articles to the In Touch quarterly newsletter
You also receive:
- First year’s membership (current value $100, renewal $75)
- Beautiful, professionally designed Wall Certificate and Sticker
- Wallet size Membership Card
- RRCO Lapel pin
- Use of logo in your marketing and promotions
- Quarterly newsletter
- Voluntary listing on the RRCO website
- Municipal licensing support where required
- All the rights and privileges of an RRPr